Wednesday, February 21, 2007

WOW, what a show!

I had the opportunity to listen in on the stream from Podsafe Music LIVE on Tuesday night. I have been excited to hear this for a few reasons.
1. All the artists there are top-notch.
2. I haven't heard David McMillin or Codaphonic live before.
3. Even though I've seen Matthew Ebel, Geoff Smith, and Kevin Reeves live in Kansas City, I wondered how they would be close to home without the grogginess of a long road trip.
4. A show with people who are rabid fans is a completely different atmosphere to one where people have never heard your music before. A whole lot more energy and fun that makes everyone shine.
5. Matthew Ebel... I knew he was going to be using some of the new gear to bring the stream to our ears. I've been to concerts in Second Life, but the audio usually has no compression. That can make for a difficult listening experience at times. Didn't need to worry with Matthew at the helm.

All I can say is, WOW. THAT was an incredible show. Fun, high-energy, and a show my whole family loved. My expectations, however high they were, were grossly underestimated. Everyone was great. David McMillin showed he could seriously bring it, Matthew was his old awesome self, Geoff Smith kicked butt, and Codaphonic was good too. But the one performer that blew everyone out of Edgehill Studios was Kevin Reeves. Kevin was ON. He backed up Matthew for "I Know You're There", rocked in his set, and even did and amazing Metallica cover.

All that aside, one of things that floored me more than anything was to see hoards of people flocking to iTunes to purchase Kevin's album. Kevin hadn't sung more than one or two songs, and the iTunes assult began. I know most of these people had heard Kevin's music. I guess they never really HEARD his music. "It's About Time" is one of the favorites in my collection. I really need to ping him again about coming on the show. He had thought about it when I asked him last April, but that was about the extent of it. Maybe I can try to hook up with him again.

Anyway, this event goes to show you the power of live music, the power of new media, social networking, podcasting, and how vital events like this are going to be as we continue to revolutionize the music industry. I just feel bad about not paying a cover charge for the show. I threw a handsome quantity of Linen's Matthew's way, but I still don't feel it was enough.

Make sure you check out Accident Hash in the next week or so to hear excerpts from the show!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home