Friday, April 28, 2006

Artists - Get Played!

Are you a podsafe artist and want to get played on Looking out the Window?

"Looking out the Window" focuses on the story behind the music that you create as a singer/songwriter. Each song you create has some sort of story... a reason you were inspired to write it. An interpretation of what the song means. You've got a story to tell through your music, and I want others to know about it!

There are a few ways to submit your music and stories for inclusion in the podcast...

1. Voicemail line ... I have a voicemail line setup that you can use to send information about your music. The number is 206-666-LOOK (5665). I believe it has about 20 minutes of record time per message, and the audio file gets sent straight to me.

2. Record yourself - You record and send an story yourself and submit it in an email. Our email address is: artist [a t} lookingoutthewindow ]dot[ com. Most of the stories I've highlighted were stories that the artist recorded and sent to me in an email. It makes it the story more meaningful and shows the personality of the artists for the audience to hear them explain it directly.

3. Email - If you'd rather I tell your story, you can write it out in an email and send it to artist [a t} lookingoutthewindow ]dot[ com. While not the optimal method, if #1 or #2 are difficult, I don't want to exclude you from submitting your stories.

4. Interview.... I'm just now in the process of testing the recording on this, and I hope to be ready for interviews in the very near future...

I want this to highlight your music... so however you want to present you story is fine with me. You can present it as if you were at a gig... Giving the audience a brief overview of the song, or it can be a detailed story. It's up to you! The show may also take on a Christian theme from time to time, so don't be afraid to go down that road if this is where your inspiration comes from.

For all of your submissions, please include contact information, a link to the music you reference, and a web page we can reference in the show notes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home